Superboost your intuition – become more creative
I don’t understand all the keys to creativity. But as a creative person, these are some of the things I have learnt about being creative. These are my DOs and DONTs when it comes to being creative. What are yours?
- Don’t be possessive of your ideas – let ideas come and go
- Share your ideas freely with others
- To learn to speak out for your ideas is to learn to be vulnerable
- Don’t rush ideas – let ideas come at their own time
- Let ideas take time to mature
- Don’t dismiss new ideas because of early flaws
- Don’t hide your ideas from others
- And don’t let others control your ideas or your creative process
- The best ideas tend to appear when you’re alone and have privacy
- Ideas are fragile and sensitive, treat them with love and respect
- Brave people are more creative
- Free people have more ideas
- People who are watched never have ideas
- You can’t force or pressure creativity
- There’s nothing wrong with jumping from idea to idea
- You don’t have to commit to any one idea
- Don’t make an idea real unless you really want to
- If you can’t stop thinking about an idea, that means you really want to do it.
- If you can’t focus on your idea, that means you should find a better one
- Everyone has a “theme of ideas” – a system of ideas that define who you are and what your calling is
- It usually takes many years – sometimes decades – for us to find our “theme of ideas”
- The quickest way to finding your theme of ideas is to let it appear before you
- There is no such thing as a truly random idea – things may appear random, but nothing happens by chance
- Don’t dismiss ideas simply because they feel random or irrelevant
- Don’t let others tell you what the best way for you to advance your idea is – you decide!
- Celebrate others creative process – and find ways to add to it
- If you can envision it, it is possible
- If someone else can envision it, it must be possible.
- Never second guess your own creative judgement
- Your ideas are an extension of who you are, and you know best how to express your ideas with authenticity
Here’s my today’s video on finding your “theme of ideas” – Enjoy
View all comments
Use The 5th Function To Achieve True Creativity
"Achieving true creativity with your fifth cognitive function"
Read this article
Enneagram Advice for Creatives
There's not one creative Enneagram type but several. Enneagram Ones and Fours are probably more known for their creativity than any other personality types but Threes and Nines can also...
Read this article