Superboost your intuition - become more creative
I don't understand all the keys to creativity. But as a creative person, these are some of the things I have learnt about being creative. These are my DOs and DONTs when it comes to being creative. What are yours?
- Don't be possessive of your ideas - let ideas come and go
- Share your ideas freely with others
- To learn to speak out for your ideas is to learn to be vulnerable
- Don't rush ideas - let ideas come at their own time
- Let ideas take time to mature
- Don't dismiss new ideas because of early flaws
- Don't hide your ideas from others
- And don't let others control your ideas or your creative process
- The best ideas tend to appear when you're alone and have privacy
- Ideas are fragile and sensitive, treat them with love and respect
- Brave people are more creative
- Free people have more ideas
- People who are watched never have ideas
- You can't force or pressure creativity
- There's nothing wrong with jumping from idea to idea
- You don't have to commit to any one idea
- Don't make an idea real unless you really want to
- If you can't stop thinking about an idea, that means you really want to do it.
- If you can't focus on your idea, that means you should find a better one
- Everyone has a "theme of ideas" - a system of ideas that define who you are and what your calling is
- It usually takes many years - sometimes decades - for us to find our "theme of ideas"
- The quickest way to finding your theme of ideas is to let it appear before you
- There is no such thing as a truly random idea - things may appear random, but nothing happens by chance
- Don't dismiss ideas simply because they feel random or irrelevant
- Don't let others tell you what the best way for you to advance your idea is - you decide!
- Celebrate others creative process - and find ways to add to it
- If you can envision it, it is possible
- If someone else can envision it, it must be possible.
- Never second guess your own creative judgement
- Your ideas are an extension of who you are, and you know best how to express your ideas with authenticity
Here's my today's video on finding your "theme of ideas" - Enjoy